Situated in the heart of the Gemtree Vineyards are the stunning Gemtree Wetlands; an environmental initiative in which the Buttery clan joined forces with Green Australia to create an area of biodiversity as a major haven for native plants, frogs, birds and animals with six interlinking dams and 50,000 native species of flora planted over 10 hectares. The recent addition of an informative Ecotrail and picnic & BBQ facilities make this site a must-see for visitors to McLaren Vale!
Driving directions to Elliot Rd, McLaren Flat SA 5171 from our Cellar Door at 184 Main Rd, McLaren Vale SA 5171
1. Head south-east on Main Rd towards Valley View Drive 750 m
2. Slight left onto Kangarilla Rd 3.6 km
3. Continue onto Main Rd 700 m
4. Continue onto Kangarilla Rd 1.6 km
5. Continue onto McLaren Flat Rd – Destination will be on the left 1.2 km at Elliot Rd, McLaren Flat SA 5171